Kimbia as it was before it fell into disrepair
As early as 1897 Ellen White wrote, “Now as never before we need to understand the true science of education. If we fail to understand this, we shall never have a place in the Kingdom of God.” (Christian Educator, August 1897)
There is a danger that we may not understand God’s plan. It is so simple that we may overlook it because we expect it to be complex. It may appear so absolute and complete in its blessing that we can’t believe it.
KMA was established primarily as a secondary school training center. This type of training is based on the idea of teaching a person how to be self-supporting and at the same time maintain an active part in the lay missionary program of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church. God has instructed us how to prepare His own children for the Kingdom. He has prescribed what should be taught; why, how and when it is to be taught. He specifies a balance of Head, Heart and Hand.
As such, Kimbia’s mission is to provide for the people of Guyana a Christ-centered Christian education, following the type of training commonly called the Madison plan. This education trains for the spiritual, physical and mental needs of the individual in the following areas:
• As a people we should be learning to base of livelihood upon agriculture, thus gaining self-support with independence from the outside world.
• Teaching the student to be self-supporting and independent in the country, as a means to an end, doing the missionary work of the church.
• Each member of the church must learn the truths and doctrines in the Bible and be able to present them in an intelligent manner. Students are encouraged to take their well-rounded education–which in addition to Bible, includes reading, writing, math, home management, food and nutrition, the sciences and English–and use it in missionary work for the Lord rather than for worldly advancement and advantage.
We now have a Bolivian family in to assist with repairs and painting of the buildings.
The following will show you pictures of before repairs started and after repairs. There is still a great need for funding for the windows, guttering, plumbing and maintenance.
Your donations will greatly assist this school to reopen January 2019 hopefully.
How you can help:
- We have great need of food to feed the missionaries in Kimbia we need $200 USD per person for the month.
- Funds for aviation fuel to fly the missionaries and food into the jungle and for medevac’s from the jungle, (which service we provide free of cost to the Interior and patients, but costs us $300 USD per flight.
- We are in the process of building our own Air Strip because we have to travel 1 hour by boat to get ta privately owned airstrip. Having our own airstrip would mean that, we will be 5 minutes away from the school. Having a runway on Kimbia itself would save lives through our medevac scheme.
- We also are in need of an engine for the boat. We also need inverters, batteries and solar paneling so as to provide electricity to the school. The inverters and batteries were stolen from the school.
- We are aiming to fence the entire property for added security; this would cost approximately $52, 938.35 USD for completing repairs of the buildings and installations of fence and electricity. I know this is a tall hill to climb, but every journey begins with one step.
Any assistance given to help with these would be greatly appreciated. We do approximately 12 to 15 flights per month at $300.00USD per flight. If this is an area in which you wish to donate and cater to, you are mostly welcomed to do so.
Send your donations to; GAMAS Flight Base c/o Tim Tillman, GMI Accountant 874 S McDonald Rd SW McDonald TN 37353. Phone: +14234731841
Thank you in advance for your assistance
Flight Base Manager & Personal Assistant to the President,
Phone/Email: +5926088783 firstname.lastname@example.org
Account details: Account Name Valerie Jones Republic Bank Guyana, 38-40 Water Street, Georgetown Guyana, Swift Code: RBGLGYGG Account number: 2747889. State what funds are for and which project.
or Paypal. Choose any amount by adding the amount of $25.00 payment you wish to pay.
Repainting the Logo. Hoping to get repairs completed so we could start school next year.